Saturday, May 24, 2014

Ready for some new projects!

I just finished a big fund raiser that I do every spring and now I can get back to SEWING!! YAY!

For the fundraiser I made this quilt for a raffle.



I also made 115 of these chapstick holdesr! Very easy. I got the pattern on Pinterest. The tutorial I used has been removed I just discovered:(  but there is a similar one HERE. I used home dec weight fabric.


I did manage to stick in a little personal quilting over the past couple of weeks and finished this little table topper from This and That patterns. I think I mentioned before that Sherri Falls does a little mystery project every 6 months and this was the latest. You can find her blog HERE.


Although I have been quilting for quite some time now, I have a few traditional quilt patterns that I have always wanted to try but never had. The first is a grandmothers flower garden. This isn't exactly that, but a hexie project that Karen at Faeries and Fibres is doing. Just scroll down to Value Proposition for the links to the first 3 blocks. She is posting a block every 2 weeks and there will be 18 all together.  Here are my first 3. This is my watching tv hand sewing project.

I have also always wanted to make a log cabin and this week the Missouri Quilt Company posted a YouTube video tutorial for a curved log cabin that looks pretty easy.  All you need is  a jelly roll and a honey bun. Check it out HERE


The last one I have been wanting to do is a tumbling block. Today I found a Moda Bakeshop tutorial using the Honeycomb precuts. I love this! I may have to look for a honeycomb and try this too.


The recipe for this is HERE

There is a shop hop coming up in a couple of weeks so I will be on the look out for a honey bun and a honeycomb for these projects. If I have specific things to shop for it's much safer than random shopping!!


3 comments:

  1. Boy when you say you are ready for more, you really mean it. Love the hexies. I want todo a log cabin quilt as well. I made a small red,white, and blue one and nowIwant todo a big one. The cover of the Shop Hop magazine has a curved log cabin that has made me start to drool a bit. I will watch the Missouri Star version, because she alwayshas such great tips. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty raffle quilt! I bet they sold a lot of tickets for it. Cute idea for the chap stick holders, I will have to check that out. There are a lot of traditional patterns I have not made yet and want to. I have started a few small hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt you made for the raffle! It is such a cheerful quilt. You've certainly been a very busy quilter as of late. Love your VP block!

    ReplyDelete