Friday, March 7, 2014

The layout

I have been playing with a layout for the alphabet quilt in EQ7.  This is what I have come up with to match the description that Nancy gives in the column that she wrote for block 4 (The Doll block). I also used the diagram given in the first column for guidance.

Here is my layout:

These are the fabrics I am using for the sashing and borders for Mildred's quilt:

This is not a 30's print but has all the right colors in it to blend with the blocks.

For this layout, you will need 1/2 yard of the green fabric for sashing and 2 yards of the lighter border and sashing fabric.

Cutting instructions coming soon!!

Have a great quilty weekend!

Deb


4 comments:

  1. Cute fabrics!!! Like the sashing in the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric choices. Can't wait to see the quilt top assembled. Will you have a scalloped border as in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I am thinking I may try the scalloped border. It would look really cute I think.

      Delete